Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's Spring!

Although it's still a bit chilly today, it's time to celebrate the final departure of snow! (I'll probably jinx the weather by saying that. Oil City seems to get those freak mid-spring blizzards!) In any case I'm excited about the change in weather (can you tell?) Here's a card I made for the newest sketch challenge on SCS to reflect my enthusiasm...

I used papers by K & Company, punching a lace border effect onto some of the panels. I also used scalloped circle dies for my Cuttlebug and an image by Stampendous! I took care to ink only half of the image with Chocolate Chip, to only allow 2 of the flowers and 1 butterfly to show. I colored the image by hand with chalks and added some sparkle with ultrafine glitter. I used pop-dots to give my card some 3D interest and added a grosgrain bow.

No comments: